Working at a fast-food restaurant is, well, a lot of hard work… but it sure teaches you a lot. These employees are the people who know just how the sausage… and pretty much every food and drink on the menu… is made. And now, they are sharing their stories, which include some of the biggest secrets in the fast-food industry.
We at ViralSection love the tricks that improve the fast-food experience, so we’re sharing them with you.
- “Starbucks was recently sued for adding too much ice to its iced drinks. If you like your drinks a little stronger, ask for less ice, or even ice on the side.”
- “McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets come in 4 shapes and they all have names: the boot, the ball, the bone, and the bell.”
- “There is a secret menu item at Chipotle called a quesarito. It’s a burrito that’s wrapped in a cheese quesadilla instead of a tortilla.”
- “Buy your McDonald’s before they close and they’ll give you freebies.”
- “Order fries without salt and technically all fast-food places (like McDonald’s) are supposed to make a new, fresh batch for you. You can then put the salt on yourself.”
- “If you walk in one minute before closing time 10/10 times you can order a meal. Most fast-food owners can be greedy and want every single penny. So, it’s good for you (though the workers will hate you for it).”
- “If you have a bad experience or your order is wrong, talk to the manager. Ask them how they are going to compensate for their mess up. One time, my family and I waited almost 2 hours for a crappy meal at a Village Inn. I was so pissed by the time we got done that I straight up asked the manager what he was going to do to rectify the situation. He comped all our meals and drinks.”
- “I work at McDonald’s where my father is a supervisor… Probably the most despicable secret we have is that you can order a Sausage McMuffin with eggs on the side and it will be a whole dollar cheaper than a Sausage Egg McMuffin.”
- “One of the places I worked at wouldn’t tell customers that refills weren’t free. In fact, we were told by our penny-pinching manager to pour the drinks before even asking if they wanted more. The ‘additional charge’ subtext was hidden in the tiniest font, at the bottom of the menu.”
- “As someone who works at McDonald’s, I’d say the following: When ordering breakfast, try a round egg on your sandwich. It’s the best egg we have (and definitely real!) I’d recommend it on the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit or bagel.”
- “This is for McDonald’s in Brazil. I don’t know if you have the same thing worldwide. In Brazil, you can order a regular plate of food with rice, beans, meat, and salad… This dish is what the chain has served to its employees since 2010, when they rejected the burger-based diet and started demanding a healthier meal.”
- “You can buy the Happy Meal toy without buying the Happy Meal.”
- “I worked at Little Caesars in Sumner, WA. The ‘Cheese Pizza’ costs $5.99 while the ‘Pepperoni Pizza’ also costs $5.99. The manager told me that it’s that way because customers are informed that more cheese is added onto the ‘Cheese Pizza.’ This was a blatant lie — we put equal amounts of cheese on all the pizzas.”
- “If you’re trying to use coupons at the McDonald’s drive thru (particularly those great deals you have on the app), let the order taker know that you have more than one order and use your coupons away! You can only use one per order.”
- “You know those cinnamon twists at Taco Bell? They begin their life as pasta. When they’re deep-fried they puff into the twists. It’s just deep-fried rotini coated in cinnamon sugar, and goddamn it’s good.”
- “If you go at a slow time, the soda fountains use chilled water to mix with the syrup packs. Your basically adding ice to already ice-cold soda.”
What are some fast-food hacks that you’ve heard of? Please share them with us in the comments!
Preview photo credit Shutterstock.com