Look at what this Spanish architect has done to the dilapidated cement factory. He has transformed the entire face of it and the pictures will amaze you.
It was 1973, Spanish architect, Ricardo Bofill came across a ruin of cement factory in Barcelona, Spain and bought it. But he NEVER saw it as a ruin, he thought of a million other possibilities which could turn this into a beautiful house!
Look at what his incredible vision has done to this place –
1. La Fabrica is what he calls his house today.
2. He saw the immense potential in a worn out WW1 factory and he started converting the exterior into lush green spaces.
3. This technique in architecture is called the deconstructivism and it is an expression of beauty beyond compare.
4. He carved plush gardens outside and it is a sight to behold.
5. The interiors are so beautiful and quaint that you would forget it is an old cement factory.
6. Does this even remotely look like a cement factory?
7. The kitchen-dining room is located on the ground floor. It is a meeting point for the family.
8. Look at how only the simplest colour combinations make this house look unique!
9. White is THE colour. It makes you feel so cosy. I feel asleep already! Most importantly you feel homely!
10. Every room has been designed differently and no two rooms look the same.
11. Looks straight out of a movie, right?
12. The company’s studio is also located in this huge house. Ricardo says,
“PRESENTLY I LIVE AND WORK HERE BETTER THAN ANYWHERE ELSE. IT IS FOR ME THE ONLY PLACE WHERE I CAN CONCENTRATE AND ASSOCIATE IDEAS IN THE MOST ABSTRACT MANNER.”
Only if I had access to this beauty, I would go there and never come back.