— 🆂🆄🅺🅴🆂🅷 🐦 (@OfficialSukesh) February 11, 2019
2. While that is heartwarming, it hardly comes as a surprise because he has time and again stressed on the fact that he loves his country and would like to serve the Indian army after he retires.
3. His passion for serving the country can be understood from the fact that when he was conferred with the Padma Bhushan in 2018, he marched to the stage, wearing his uniform.
— Doordarshan News (@DDNewsLive) April 2, 2018
And later shared his touching post.
4. His helmet never has the flag on it because, as a wicketkeeper, he has to put it on the ground several times and he doesn’t want the national flag to touch the grass.
Source: Indian Express
5. In 2015, Dhoni missed the birth of his daughter Ziva because he was prepping for the World Cup. When asked if he’d rather have been in India, he said:
Not really! As of now I am on national duties so I think everything else can wait. The World Cup is a very important campaign.
6. While he loves his wife, he has been clear with her that the country comes first for him.
7. Cricket is a demanding sport, with expectations of millions on your shoulders. How does he handle that? Well, it’s simple for him.