We compare tons of things every day to reveal their similarities and differences. We get used to analyzing the world around us in such a way that we don’t even notice this pattern of our behavior anymore. Comparison helps us to discover the nature of different objects and we want to share some vivid examples with you.
The Elite Indian couldn’t miss these 20 impressive comparisons that were made by internet users who’ve helped us to see some things from a different perspective. And at the end of the article, you’ll find a question that will leave you surprised.
1. This is how much food you can get for the cost of a pack of 40 cigarettes in Australia.
2. This is a giant dog: the woman’s height is 5’7″ for scale.
3. How the fires have changed Australia: this is the same road.
4. A giant collard green leaf
5. “My room before and after I overcame depression.”
6. It seems like we might now know what the inspiration was behind the Beijing Institute of Architectural Design.
7. The oarfish, also known as the “King of Herrings,” completely justifies its name.
8. “At the beginning of 2019, I weighed 270 lbs and at the end of 2019, I weighed 179 lbs. How do I look?”
9. Meet Patrick, the biggest wombat in the world. He weighs about 84 lbs.
10. “I found this keyboard on sale for $6. It was in really bad shape, but all the parts were there. I restored it and here is the result.”
11. “My dog before and after a haircut”
12. Half of this hallway is under construction.
13. 14,600,000 bolivars is the amount of money you need to buy a 5-pound chicken in Venezuela
14. “It was the first time I washed my terrace in 20 years.”
15. “I have never shown my before and after pictures to anyone, but I’m proud of how far I’ve come. I went from 255 lbs to 155 lbs in 5 years.”
16. “My 13-year-old Shar-Pei before and after I told him he was a good boy”
17. A microscopic look at a bee stinger and the point of a needle
18. “This is me at the beginning of the decade and at the end.”
19. “I’m 27 years old and my puppy weighs more than me. I love her so much!”
20. This is the fossil of a car-sized turtle that once lived in South America.
Bonus: Can you guess where the brother’s part of the table ends?
Do you have any pictures that would look good in this article? Share them with us in the comments.
Preview photo credit thatgarciaa / Twitter