There are moments in life when you’re not sure if you want to smile or cry. Imagine seeing a gentleman that is having coffee with a picture of his late wife or a dad who finally meets his daughter after being hidden from her for almost 2 years by his ex-wife. Life is full of events that can be both pleasant and painful, but these kinds of challenges are meant to strengthen us and make us more grateful for the things we have.
We at The Elite Indian hope that these photos will help you forget about the daily ups and downs of life and make you see the glass as half-full.
1. This veterinarian has a comfort dog assistant that helps sick dog patients know that everything will be alright.
2. “My wife had breast cancer at 7 months pregnant, started chemo 7 weeks ago, and gave birth to a healthy boy this morning!”
3. “I was having lunch with my mom and this gentleman was having coffee with his late wife. Love can be this strong!”
4. Even when you can’t walk yourself, you can still walk your dog.
5. A pack where everyone is welcome
6. “My dad enjoying his last trip to the place where his parents met”
7. This woman spent her final Mother’s Day with her mom.
8. This dog was rescued and also got some new ears.
9. This 6-year-old boy’s grave in Stockholm, Sweden
10. This girl with down syndrome comforting her sick sister after not seeing her for a long time
11. This guy had his leg amputated and an anonymous person sent him a bear made just like him.
12. “My dying grandfather took this from his finger and placed it on mine and said, ’I always remembered that you wanted it.’”
13. “My boys were separated for 2 years due to a divorce. My ex agreed today that I can keep my 9-year-old boy!”
14. “I will most likely lose my grandma tonight, but I’ll forever cherish this photo of my grandparents. Almost 53 years married.”
15. “4 months ago, we were staying at a shelter. It’s taken too long to give my girls a decent bedroom but I’m quite happy.”
16. “It’s not pretty, but since I spent my 33rd birthday alone, I decided to recreate my favorite cake from scratch!”
17. “My 15-year-old girl wanted to go to the park today, so I carried her there. This is how she sat enjoying the sunshine.”
18. “My mom is fighting pancreatic cancer and this nurse wasn’t just comforting her, she was giving her hope.”
19. “First time buying shoes in 6 years that weren’t for work. It has been a rough few years so this was a great day for me!”
20. This woman knits hats from January to December and brings a bag to a shelter every year.
21. “My wife wasn’t conscious to celebrate Thanksgiving in the ICU, but she was awake in time for her favorite holiday!”
22. “My ex-wife hid my daughter from me for nearly 2 years. After 696 days of separation, I took the best photo ever.”
Have you ever experienced a sad but sweet moment? What event made you cherish life more? We would like to hear your thoughts in the comment section below!
Preview photo credit Obito_GF / reddit