The abbreviation for “OK” is not a random expression and has its own surprising origin and apparently the place where flamingos bend their legs is not actually a knee. Find out what it is and some other curious facts in this article.
We at The Elite Indian are amazed by our predictably unpredictable planet and can’t wait to reveal some absurd facts that may shock you.
1. Hummingbird eggs are about the size of navy beans.
2. Sneezes travel 100 miles per hour and send 100,000 germs into the air.
3. Flamingos bend their legs at the ankle, not the knee.
4. Your toilet is 7 times cleaner than your phone.
5. Dolphins call each other by names.
6. Scientists aren’t exactly sure why we yawn, but it may help regulate our body temperature.
7. “OK” comes from a misspelling of the phrase “all correct.”
8. Ostrich eggs are the largest of all eggs. They are over 20 times the weight of a chicken egg.
9. A lemon is 70% sugar while a strawberry is only 40% sugar.
© burtona2 / reddit
10. Sea cucumbers defecate and breathe through their butt.
11. Humans could walk on water on the Moon.
12. Stomach acid can dissolve metal.
13. Banging your head against a wall for one hour burns 150 calories and hugging burns 70 calories.
14. Snails have thousands of microscopic teeth.
Which fact was the most surprising for you? What nonsense do you know that is actually true? Please, share your knowledge with us below!
Preview photo credit PoeticSoul / imgur